Terms and Conditions
Table of Contents
- 1.0 Introduction
- 2.0 Overview
- 3.0 Disclaimers
- 5.0 Ownership and Use of Content
- 6.0 Acceptable Use of Data on Goodself
- 7.0 Objectionable Content
- 8.0 Integrity and Authenticity
- 9.0 Safety
- 10.0 Platform Security
- 11.0 Governing Law
- 12.0 Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
- 13.0 Service and Terms Updates, Changes and Limitations
- 14.0 Third Party
- 15.0 Endorsement and Advertisement
- 16.0 Geographic Availability/Wireless Connection
- 17.0 Passwords
- 18.0 Service Monitoring/Suspension/Termination
- 19.0 Contact Us
Our mission at Goodself is to make Health, Wellness, and Lifestyle resources accessible to anyone who might need them. We want to connect individuals with Experts that can provide relevant and helpful information, and to others with similar experiences that can help others. Our Community Guidelines are a set of rules to ensure that Goodself stays true to its mission; keep the community safe, welcoming, and as free of misinformation as possible.
1.2 These Community Guidelines will help you understand
- A. What makes Goodself safe for everyone.
- B. The rules all Goodself members must follow.
- C. Roles and responsibilities of the different participants on the Platform.
- D. How you can report rule-breaking; and
- D. How we will enforce the rules.
Welcome! Thanks for joining Goodself, the first app totally focused on health, wellness, and lifestyle, with talks and posts by professionals whose credentials have been vetted by us.
When accessing these Terms in other languages, in case of conflict, the English version will prevail.
Goodself is a first-of-its-kind health focused social network. It combines talks and content (videos, photos, short/long formed text posts) by vetted health related experts with contributions by users of their experiences and journey. Communities are established to share personal experiences of users’ journey from which others in the community can benefit.
2.1 Platform Participants
A Goodself Participant is either a User or an Expert . Collectively, they will be referred to as Participants .
Users are individuals on Goodself who come to get health, wellness, and lifestyle information from Experts and connect with a community of other Users who may want the same information or face similar challenges.
2.3 General Conditions
Experts are people well-versed in their field(s) and want to contribute to their area(s) of expertise by providing useful information in the form of photos, videos, thought-pieces, and live-audio chats. They must meet the threshold established for experts by Goodself, which includes their degree(s) and/or certification(s) in their area(s) of expertise and/or experience, as well as their positive social presence. Applicants are designated as Experts once they meet the threshold criteria as part of our review of their credentials.
You can read more about this review process in section 9.3.
Any and all Sservices (including but not limited to images, videos, text, and audio) supplied by, in, and/or via the Platform are solely for informative purposes. Our business is not a medical practice, and we do not provide medical services or advice. The content provided by Participants is purely for the purposes of information only; not a substitute for medical professionals’ medical advice, including treatment, diagnosis, medication, etc. A doctor-patient relationship is not created by your use of the Services.
- A. We make no guarantees about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any Content made available through the Services, and we make no promise to update such Content.
- B. Furthermore, USER-Generated Content (content generated by all platform participants), such as advice, statements, or other information, in any form on the platform (e.g. pictures, videos, direct messages, audio chats, any post, etc.), is not created by our Company and should not be relied upon without independent verification. User-Generated Content, whether publicly posted or privately sent, is solely the responsibility of the Participant from whom it originated. All information is supplied "as is," with no assurances, warranties, or guarantees as to its accuracy or reliability.
- C. Also, you are under no obligation to use any Third-Party Applications, and any access and use of such applications is solely at your own risk, with no liability on our part. We are not responsible for the accuracy, availability, or reliability of any Third-Party Applications' information, content, goods, data, views, advice, or copyright claims. As a result, we are not responsible for any harm or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any Third-Party Applications.The Goodself platform is a place where valuable information relating to Health, Wellness and Lifestyle is made available by Experts. It is, however, not a substitute for one-on-one medical advice by medical professionals/experts; medical experts should be consulted when such a need arises.
- D. The Goodself platform is not responsible for any information provided by the Experts, nor is it responsible for any information shared by other Users through their posts and/or talks. However, if participants on the platform (Users and Experts) inform Goodself of any objectionable and/or offensive and/or incorrect information provided by one or more participants on the platform, Goodself will review the identified material and will take appropriate corrective action after investigation, including removal of the material, when appropriate. Goodself may consult and/or take advice of selected Participants and/or refer the matter to committee(s) of experts to review and opine.
3.1 Basic Responsibility of Content
- A. You agree that you are responsible for your interactions with other members of Goodself (including, but not limited to, Experts, Users, brands, charities, and associations), and that Goodself has no liability with respect to these interactions.
- B. We (Goodself) reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify these Community Guidelines at any time. These changes will be marked by the date at the top of this page which indicates when they were last updated.
- C. We reserve the right to make any final judgement on violation(s) of these guidelines.
- D. We reserve the right to modify, pause, or terminate the Goodself service for any reason, without notice, if necessary.
- E. We reserve the right to refuse the use of the service to any person at any time.
- F. We may, but have no obligation to, remove text, files, images, photos, videos, sounds, applications, product listings (collectively, “Content”) and User or Expert accounts that we determine are objectionable and/or violate the Terms of Service, in our sole discretion.
- G. All copyright-related responsibility and/or obtaining copyright permissions is the sole responsibility of the Participant.
- H. We may reclaim (take control of the account) handles on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold trademarks on those handles. Any username that becomes inactive, breaches a trademark, goes against our Terms of Services and/or may mislead other users may be reclaimed by Goodself.
- I. To use this site, you must be at least 18 years old.
- J. Any behavior that occurs under your screen name is your responsibility.
- K. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe.
- L. Your Goodself account will be terminated if you violate any of these Terms.
3.2 Restrictions and Guidelines
- A. Other Goodself users must not be abused, harassed, threatened, impersonated, or intimidated.
- B. The Goodself service may not be used for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- C. International users agree to abide by any local laws governing online behavior and content in addition to abiding by Canadian laws.
- D. You may not alter, adapt, or hack the Company’s website or app, for any reason, or another website in order to fraudulently suggest that it is affiliated with Goodself.
- E. You must not break any laws in your jurisdiction by using this product (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- A. You are solely responsible for your actions and any data, text, information, screen names, pictures, photographs, profiles, audio and video clips, and links (collectively known as "Content") that you submit, post, or display on the Goodself service.
- B. Any content from Goodself, including but not limited to user profiles and photos, shall not be crawled, scraped, or otherwise cached.
- C. You must not send any Goodself members any unsolicited mails or comments ("Spam").
- D. Without Goodself’s prior written consent, you may not use or incorporate Goodself’s Services, name, or any portion thereof into any other product, name, or program.
- E. You must not send any worms, viruses, or any other disruptive programming.
Goodself understands the importance of the privacy of personal information to all our users and professionals. The policy covers what information we collect and how we use it. We employ industry standard practices to protect and safeguard all collected personal information.
4.1 Collection and Use of Personal Data
“Personal Data” includes data such items as your name, email address, phone number, education, credentials, device IDs, certain cookie, and network identifiers.
- A. The Company collects, uses, discloses and processes Personal Data to operate and improve the Services and our business, for advertising and marketing.
- C. We use Personal Data to provide and improve our services; to obtain feedback from our users and professionals; to analyze customer behavior for assessing usage of services, looking for areas of improvements to benefit all our customers; and to enhance and create new services and products.
- 1. When you register for an account for, or interact with, our Services.
- 2. When you communicate with us or sign up for promotional materials, information via email or push notifications.
- 3. If you participate in any special programs or activities, or if you engage with our online communities including social media.
5.0 Ownership and Use of Content
Goodself is a first-of-its-kind, healthier social media platform that focuses exclusively on health, wellness and lifestyle content. The platform hosts live, interactive audio chats led only by vetted health Experts, while allowing Experts and Users to post and share videos, pictures, and thought pieces. Users can also meet others that share similar health and/or lifestyle challenges.
Our goal is to form a community of like-minded individuals to empower people to share their experiences with others to guide them on a journey to better health. To ensure that this can happen, we want to ensure that your privacy is taken seriously by using personal information to make Goodself an experience that works best for your needs.
5.1 Intellectual Proprietary Rights on Content
- A. Goodself does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively known as "Content") that you post on or throughout the Goodself Services (the entire platform).
- B. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or throughout the Goodself Services, you hereby grant to Goodself a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation, in distributing in part or all, on the Platform and/or in any media format through any media channels, except Content not shared publicly (account marked as "private"), which will not be distributed outside the Goodself Services.
- C. All copyright-related responsibility and/or obtaining copyright permissions is the sole responsibility of the Participant.
- D. Some of the company's activities and services may be supported by advertising income and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Goodself may post such advertising and promotions on, about, or in combination with your Content (including but not limited to talks), without prior notification to you. The manner, form, and degree of such advertising and promotions may vary.
- E. You agree that Goodself may place advertising or promotions on the Goodself service, on, about, or in conjunction with your posted Content. You understand that the extent of such advertising and promotions may change without notice.
- F. You represent and warrant that:
- 1. You own the Content created by you on or throughout the Goodself Services and have the right to grant the license set forth in this section,
- 2. The posting and use of your Content on or through the Goodself Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person,
- 3. The posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party, and
- 3. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you create on or through the Goodself Services.
- G. Copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other laws protect our Company’s Content (Including, but not limited to IP, code, etc.), and Goodself owns and retains all rights to the Goodself Content and the Goodself Services. Goodself therefore provides you a limited, nonexclusive, revocable, and no sublicensable license to reproduce and display the Goodself Content (excluding any software code) only for your personal, non-commercial, use when you visit the Site and use the Goodself Services.
- H. Expert and/or Brand licensed content can be found on our platform. You may not duplicate, edit, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or throughout the Goodself Services unless otherwise stated in this Agreement.
- I. Our company conducts technical services that are required to provide the Goodself Services, such as transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow it to be used throughout the Goodself Services.
- J. While the Goodself platform and service will normally be available, the platform and its service may be paused for the purpose of scheduled maintenance, repair, updating, or due to failure of telecommunication links or servers. Though Goodself will usually only delete Content in violation of this agreement, we reserve the right and have the sole discretion to delete Content for any reason, without prior notice. To put it another way, Goodself is not a backup service. Goodself will not be liable to you if the Goodself Services are modified, suspended, or discontinued, or if any Content is lost.
- K. We reserve the right to modify or reformat Content so, in our judgement, it may be better used throughout the Goodself platform.
6.0 Acceptable Use of Data on Goodself
PARTICIPANTS agrees not to, and not to allow third parties to use the Services:
- A. To violate, or encourage the violation of, the legal rights of others.
- B. To engage in, promote or encourage illegal activity.
- C. For any unlawful, invasive, infringing, defamatory or fraudulent purpose (for example, this may include phishing, creating a pyramid scheme or mirroring a website).
- D. For any Customer Applications related to sexual content, services, or paraphernalia.
- E. To intentionally distribute viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or other items of a destructive or deceptive nature.
- F. To interfere with the use of the Services, or the equipment used to provide the Services, by customers, authorized resellers, or other authorized users.
- G. To disable, interfere with or circumvent any aspect of the Services.
- G. To generate, distribute, publish, or facilitate unsolicited mass email, promotions, advertisements, or other solicitations (“spam”); or
- I. To use the Services, or any interfaces provided with the Services, to access any other Goodself product or service in a manner that violates the terms of service.
7.0 Objectionable Content
7.1 Bullying, Harassment, and Abuse
You may not engage or participate in any way, in the abuse, bullying or harassment of anyone. Bullying includes, but is not limited to, humiliating, abusing, undermining, or hurting others with intent. Harassment is offensive behavior which includes, but is not limited to, threats, demeaning others, and intimidating others. Harassing someone would entail doing things such as making hateful comments, insults, slurs and so on.
You may not engage or participate in any way, in discrimination against anyone. Discrimination is treating someone or a group of people unfairly and unequally due to, but not limited to, one’s race, color, religion, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, and disability.
7.3 Hate Speech
You may not engage or participate in any way that constitutes as hateful conduct which includes, but is not limited to, instigating, or spreading violence, harm, or attacks at an individual or specific people or groups of people.
7.4 Nudity and Sexual Activity
You may not engage or participate, in any way, in the sharing, distribution, or creation of content involving nudity or sexual activity, even if the intention or nature of use is unclear. We understand that the use of nudity and sexual activity can be used in an educational way which is why we allow it to be used, provided the intention to use it in these types of ways are clear.
You may not engage or participate or promote, in any way, any form of terrorism or violent extremism.
7.6 Disruptive Activity
You may not engage or participate, in any way, in intentional disruptive activities which includes, but is not limited to, making unrelated comments or remarks, loud noises, and hateful statements when in chat rooms.
7.7 Unauthorized and Illegal Activities
You may not use this platform in any way to conduct or engage in any type or form of illegal activities or unauthorized activities. These activities include, but are not limited to, the buying or selling of illegal products, buying, or selling followers, reach or engagement.
7.8 Self-harm and Suicide
- A. Goodself does not have a specific category for suicide and self-injury; however, we realize that given the nature of our platform, it may be a topic of discussion. Suicide and self-injury must not be promoted through our platform.
- B. Self-injury is referred to as intentional injuring of oneself, which is included but not limited to mutilation and eating disorders. Any promotion of these activities or graphic media depicting this behavior will be taken down after review.
- C. Users on our platform must respect the experiences that others are going through and must not target victims or survivors of suicide and self-injury. Any comic mention and specific content made to have any adverse effects on these individuals will face reprimand.
You may not engage or participate, in any way, in the solicitation of minors. Moreover, you also may not show or get content from a minor that is, but not limited to, graphic, mature, and inappropriate.
7.10 Follow the Law
Remember to always follow the laws of Ontario, Canada and the country of your residence when using our platform. This includes, but is not limited to buying, or selling goods, interaction with others and content that is shared.
7.11 Content for a Diverse Audience
Posting content that is appropriate for a diverse audience is an expectation we set on all users of this platform. Therefore, content that displays discrimination, violence or other objectionable material will not be allowed. For similar reasons, we may remove content involving nudity. We understand and will accept content that involves nudity depending on the nature of how it is used and the intention of the content creator. However, if we deem the nature and intent by which nudity is presented within a certain piece of content as sub-optimal, we shall remove it.
You may not engage or participate in any way that involves glorifying violence or harm, or even the threat of violence or harm or engage in / promote violence.
7.13 World Events
We recognize that this platform can be a place to share big events and we recognize the importance of this. However, due to the specific focus of this platform, specifically, health, wellness, and lifestyle information, we may remove content that does not entirely fit these subject areas.
8.0 TIntegrity and Authenticity
8.1 Inauthentic Behavior
- A. Goodself believes in bringing together a community of social media influencers and health experts to promote and help people with their health journey. The credibility and following of users must remain authentic to provide a transparent and realistic view of each user’s profile.
- B. Fake engagement is a method used to increase the popularity of a user’s account through artificial methods of interaction and engagement. The manipulation of Goodself’s platform to do so is strongly prohibited.
- C. Our users must not:
- 1. Buy or sell artificial engagement metrics (views, likes, comments, purchases)
- 2. Engage in the promotion of buying or selling engagement metrics used for fake engagement
- 3. Create and use several accounts with the means to increase or promote fake engagement
- A. We work hard to verify and ensure each account on our platform is authentic and a reflection of one’s identity. Account that is created which takes on another person’s identity and is used to distort another person’s image is not allowed.
- B. We will review cases of impersonation and follow up with supplemental action to one’s account if the case is confirmed. Users can be asked to edit their account, or a suspension or termination may arise dependent on the severity of impersonation of the account.
- A. We are sharing information that is being used by people to better support them along their mission to improve their own health and well-being. Misinformation is the intentional or unintentional sharing of content which is inaccurate that has the potential to harm our community and the individuals inside and outside of our platform.
- B. You must not:
- 1. Share misinformation, especially about panic-inducing emergencies
- 2. Content heavily supported by conspiracies or any other false claims
- 3. Misinformation about medical topics which has adverse consequences on one’s health
- 4. Promotion of hate, discrimination, and prejudice through misinformation
- 5. Work with others or several of your own accounts to mislead and influence people through misinformation
8.4 Intellectual Property
- A. Copyrights are used to protect the authorship and originality of media or an idea but does not protect the premise of the underlying idea behind it. Trademarks refer to a specific creation (logo, symbol) that cannot be recreated or it will be an intellectual property right violation.
- B. Users must remain authentic in the content they share by creating and using their own, original content. Copyrighted and trademarked content that infringes on one’s intellectual property rights which users may post will be taken down by Goodself upon review. However, not all copyrighted and trademarked work may violate Goodself’s rules.
- C. The following may not be a violation after review:
- 1. Some copyrighted content may be used under fair use or other laws
- 2. Commenting, analyzing, or critiquing a trademarked product or service
- 3. Creating a fan account of a trademarked product or service
- 4. Reviewing a product or service
8.5 Manipulated/Synthetic Media
Sharing content which is manipulated to have a certain effect, is not allowed on our platform. Images, audio, and video (I.e., editing an original video to mislead others) can be changed through various means. We will review such content when made aware of, and these forms of media may be removed after review.
The privacy and safety of our users and their accounts is of the utmost priority of Goodself, and we work hard to secure profiles, personal information, and accounts. Trying to collect users’ information through manipulative and intrusive methods on Goodself’s platform or through external links will not be tolerated and can result in serious consequences.
9.1 Human Exploitation
- A. Any content geared toward exploiting individuals and forcing them to engage in unwanted activities such as sex and labor will be removed, and the users will be investigated. Posts that are manipulative in nature and focus on taking away freedom for someone’s benefit classify as human exploitation.
- B. Child sexual exploitation will be taken very seriously and result in serious consequences.
9.2 Sensitive Media
Any sensitive media containing graphic and adult content must not be posted during live chats, or directly on profile images. Content must be appropriate, as per section 7.0 (objectionable content). Sensitive media can only be shared with the intention of facilitating education of health and lifestyle awareness.
9.3 Expert Credential Review Process
- A. Our expert credential review process is as follows:
- 1. We have established minimum Thresholds of qualifications each professional must meet, based on a minimum certification and/or degree to be seen as an expert in that category.
- 2. With feedback and consensus from experts in each respective category, the minimum threshold may be altered as needed.
- 3. Based on the established Thresholds, we review each professional’s credentials and web presence to ensure that he/she has met the minimum credentials/criteria to speak with expertise in his/her chosen category.
9.4 Moderation on Goodself
- A. Goodself will be allowing experts that are hosting live chats to moderate their rooms. A moderator will be able to choose who is able to speak, who can be removed as a speaker, and who has the ability to remove people from the live chat. The moderator permissions are outlined below:
- 1. Audience
- i. Any participant in the live chat room can be removed at the moderator’s discretion.
- ii. Once a user is removed, they will not be able to join that live chat room again.
- 2. Speakers
- i. Live chat moderators can decide who speaks by choosing the name from a cue.
- ii. Speakers can be muted and sent back to the audience at any time.
9.5 Interaction Between Accounts
- A. There may be users whose content you do not want to see but is acting within Goodself’s principles. If a user is still following the community guidelines but you do not want to interact or see their content anymore, you can unfollow or block that user.
- B. However, if there is a user who is causing direct harm to you or the community, you have the option to report them to Goodself. You will also be given you the option to unfollow and/or block them, and we will review the account, the case you provided against them, and take appropriate action.
10. Platform Security
You may not take any actions which could undermine the security and reliability of the Goodself platform. We reserve the right to take legal action and/or involve legal authorities on a case-by-case basis.
10.1 Hacking and Datamining
You may not hack the Goodself website, app, or associated networks, or bypass measures we take to restrict user access. You may not crawl, scrape, cache or otherwise gather Content or other data from Goodself, including (but not limited to) user profiles and Content.
10.2 Reverse Engineering
You may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or create any derivative products based off Goodself. You may not attempt to regenerate any source code, methods, algorithms, or techniques used by Goodself.
You may not create or submit unwanted posts, email, or comments to other Goodself users (“Spam”)
You may not use the Goodself platform to distribute files that contain malware, including (but not limited to) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or other materials that are malicious or harmful.
11.0 Governing Law
11.1 Disputes and Arbitration, Class Action Waiver, Jurisdiction and Venue
- A. In the event informal Dispute Resolution is required, you agree to notify Goodself electronically, via email to the Contact specified below, with a brief description of the dispute and your contact information if you have a dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement. Goodself will have thirty (30) days from the date of receipt to attempt to resolve the dispute to our mutual reasonable satisfaction. If the Parties are unable to resolve their issue through good faith negotiations within the thirty (30) daytime set forth in this informal process, either Party may seek resolution of the matter through the arbitration agreement set forth below.
- B. You and Goodself agree to submit to binding arbitration any and all disputes arising out of or related to your use of the service (a “dispute”) in the jurisdiction of the Province of Ontario.
- C. You and Goodself agree that any disputes arising out of or connected to your use of the Services (a "Dispute") will be resolved by binding arbitration to the maximum extent authorized by applicable law.
11.2 Electronic Communication
You agree to use electronic communication to enter into agreements, as well as to receive notices, policies, and records of transactions initiated or completed through the Services via electronic delivery. Furthermore, to the extent permitted by relevant law, you expressly waive any rights or obligations under any laws or regulations in any jurisdiction that require an original (non-electronic) signing, delivery, or keeping of non-electronic records. We are providing services to you, and this agreement does not establish a partnership or any other legal relationship between us.
11.3 Your Relationship with Goodself
You and Goodself do not have, and will not have, any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship as a result of this Agreement. We are providing services to you, and this agreement does not establish a partnership or any other legal relationship between us
11.4 Relationship between the Parties
You and Goodself do not have, and will not have, any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship as a result of this Agreement.
12.0 Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
12.1 Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
- A. Your access to and use of the Services or any Content are at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Goodself refers to the Goodself app, its parents, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors.
- B. Goodself, its staff and all of its Entities make no warranty or representation, and take no responsibility and liability for:
- 1. The completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any Content.
- 2. Any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services or any Content.
- 3. The deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services; and
- 4. Whether the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis.
- C. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from Goodself will create any warranty or representation not expressly made herein.
12.2 Limitation of Liability
- A. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Goodself entities shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from;
- 1. your access to or use of or inability to access or use the services;
- 2. any conduct or content of any third party on the services, including without limitation; any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users or third parties;
- 3. any content obtained from the services; or
- 4. unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content.
- B. All participants shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Goodself, it’s partners and their officers, directors, shareholders, agents and employees against any and all liabilities, claims, losses, damages or judgements and shall pay all costs, including reasonable legal fees, and damages to the extent that such damages result from the Participants violation of these Terms of Service.
- C. In no event shall the aggregate liability of the Goodself entities exceed the greater of one hundred U.S. dollars (U.S. $100.00) or the amount you paid, if any, in the past six months for the services giving rise to the claim. The limitations of this subsection shall apply to any theory of liability, whether based on warranty, contract, statute, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, and whether the Goodself entities have been informed of the possibility of any such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
13.0 Service and Terms Updates, Changes and Limitations
Our services are always changing. We may need to temporarily adjust, set limits, and periodically stop and/or cancel some Services when we launch new products, services, and features. We may also upgrade our Services, which you may not be able to use unless you install the updates.
As and when we deem fit, we may send updates (including automatic updates) for Services. Upgrades, revisions, bug repairs, patches, and other error corrections, as well as new features (collectively, "Updates") may be included. If you do not install all Updates, some parts of our Services may not work properly. You acknowledge and agree that if you do not allow such Updates, the Services may not function correctly.
14.0 Third Party
14.1 Third Party Links and Services
Third-party services or products, such as social media and third-party devices, may link to, interact with, or be available through our Services. Be aware that separate terms and privacy rules apply to your use of such third-party services or goods when you access them. By using Goodself, you agree to their terms and privacy rules as well.
14.2 Third-Party Applications
Through our Services, you may be able to access third-party connections, applications, content, services, promotions, special offers, or other events or activities (collectively, "Third-Party Applications"). You may be asked to log in and sync your accounts with these Third-Party Applications if you choose to access them. It is your responsibility to make sure you have all required permissions to own, run, download, buy and use any third-party applications in correlation with your use of Goodself.
15.0 Endorsement and Advertisement
- A. If you use Goodself to communicate or administer a promotion (example: a contest or sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
- 1. The official rules.
- 2. Offer terms and eligibility requirements (example: age and residency restrictions); and
- 3. Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered (example: registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals)
- B. Promotions on Goodself must include the following:
- 1. The approval of each participant.
- C. Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Goodself.
- 1. Goodself will not assist you in the administration of your promotion and cannot advise you on whether consent is required for use of user content or on how to obtain any necessary consent.
- 2. You agree that if you use our service to administer your promotion, you do so at your own risk.
15.2 Third-Party Advertising
You may not post, create, or share any content on, or through, our platform that includes third-party advertising, without clearly identifying it as such.
We recommend that all third-party advertising be labelled as “#ambassador”, “#Ad” or “#SponsoredAd”, or similar wording, in the caption of all content (photo, video and text posts). All advertisements or affiliations should be clearly outlined in the caption/description of live-chats and prefaced before the conversation.
Goodself does not share personal information or data with advertisers, such as, but not limited to, your name, contact information and other personal data, unless explicit permission is given. Goodself provides advertisers with information about who is seeing their ads and how they are performing, without disclosing personal information. For instance, we may provide advertisers information on the type of people interacting with their ads, how old they are, what their gender is and so on.
Goodself also exchanges information with advertisers to help create advertising that is more personalized and relevant to you.
Advertisers and all participants whom advertise are required to abide by all rules and guidelines that apply to Participants. The following are additional requirements advertisers must also abide by:
- A. Approved/Legal Products or Services
- 1. Advertisements must not promote illegal or unapproved products or services.
- B. Tobacco and Similar Products
- 1. Advertisements cannot promote tobacco products and its counterparts.
- C. Drugs and Similar Products
- 1. Advertisements cannot promote illegal drugs, prescription drugs and drugs intended for recreational use.
- D. Vaccine Hesitancy
- 1. Advertisements cannot attempt to sprout hesitancy and fear against vaccines.
- E. Speculative/Unsafe Supplements
- 1. Advertisements cannot promote or advertise supplements which are not approved by government agencies, and regulatory bodies in the local jurisdiction and/or are purely speculative or unsafe.
- F. Third-Party Rights
- 1. Advertisements must be authentic and cannot violate any intellectual property rights of any third party.
- G. Loopholes
- 1. Advertisements cannot exploit loopholes in the methods we use to review and determine if an advertisement is safe and appropriate for our platform.
- H. Sensational Content
- 1. Advertisements cannot have violent, explicit, and sensational content.
- I. False Information
- 1. Advertisements cannot contain misinformation which has been proven wrong by a third party or by Goodself’s team.
- J. Controversial Information
- 1. Advertisements that have controversial social issues used for individual and business gain may not be allowed.
- K. Landing Pages
- 1. Advertisements may direct users to another landing page, but they must be able to navigate freely away from the page they are directed to go to.
- L. Manipulative Content
- 1. Advertisements cannot have any software that attempts to hack or steal the information of others.
- 2. Advertisements cannot redirect to any pages which contain viruses or a manipulative and unanticipated experience.
- M. Cheating and Suspicious Activities
- 1. Advertisements cannot promote or share any products or services that motivate a user to cheat or take part in suspicious activities.
- N. Grammar and Language
- 1. The language used in Advertisement must be appropriate and professional (no profanity).
- O. Misleading Results
- 1. Advertisements cannot have images or media that portray results that are misleading, unlikely, and exaggerated (I.e., “Before and After” images). To convince the audience to use their product or service, advertisers cannot make the audience feel guilty and negative about themselves.
- P. Illegal/Unconventional Practices
- 1. Advertisements cannot coerce individuals to participate in illegal and unconventional practices such as schemes and scams.
- Q. Human Harvesting
- 1. Advertisements cannot sell or encourage an audience to buy parts, organic material, and fluids of humans.
16.0 Geographic Availability/Wireless Connection
This app uses your phone's cellular connection or Wi-Fi network. If you haven't exceeded your mobile data allowance or you're connected to a free Wi-Fi network, your mobile provider shouldn't charge you for using this App. If your phone is roaming, data charges might apply. If you’ve exceeded your data limit, and you’re not on a free Wi-Fi network, data charges may apply.
You must protect your account credentials, including your password, and not permit any unauthorized users to access your User Account using such credentials. You will contact us immediately if you believe an unauthorized third party may be using your User Account or if your User Account information or your credentials are lost or stolen.
18.0 Service Monitoring/Suspension/Termination
18.1 Service Monitoring and Suspension
- A. Goodself has the right to refuse service to anyone, and we have the right to monitor, terminate, or suspend your account or access to the Services at any time.
- D. Content will not be deleted within 90 days of the account deletion or content deletion process beginning in the following situations:
- 1. Where your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
- 2. Where deletion within 90 days is not possible due to technical limitations of our systems, in which case, we will complete the deletion as soon as technically feasible: or
- 3. Where deletion would restrict our ability to:
- a. Investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our products or systems).
- b. Protect the safety and security of our products, systems, and users.
- c. Comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
- d. Comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency. In which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
- E. After a review of the case and all of the facts brought to our team, an account may be suspended for a period of time or terminated completely, if we believe the user went against our Community Guidelines.
- A. Accounts that are suspended will be restricted from using Goodself for a certain period of time, at our own discretion.
- B. If you submit an appeal, your account will remain suspended until the review is completed.
- A. If there is a clear violation of the rule(s) set forth in our Community Guidelines and the action is severe, we may decide to terminate a user’s account.
- B. The affected user will not be able to receive access to the account again and it will be permanently removed from the platform and archived.
18.2 Termination of Our Services
Although we hope you remain a Goodself user, you can terminate your relationship anytime for any reason by deleting your account. We may modify, suspend, or terminate your access to or use of our Services anytime for any reason, such as if you violate the letter or spirit of our Terms or create harm, risk, or possible legal exposure for us, our users, or others. We may also disable or delete your account if it does not become active after account registration or if it remains inactive for an extended period of time. The following provisions will survive any termination of your relationship with Goodself: “Disclaimers”, “Ownership and Use of Content”, “Acceptable Use of Data on Goodself”, “Integrity and Authenticity”, “Governing Law”, “Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers”
18.3 User Requests and Reporting Process
- A. Users can request for action to be taken on their own account or other’s account. Goodself will work with individuals in the following cases:
- 1. Removal of a User’s Personal Account
- i. If a user wishes to remove their own account, we will work with them to terminate all existing connections to Goodself.
- 2. Removal of an Incapacitated User’s Account
- i. If a user is unable to run their own account, a verified representative of their behalf can work with us to remove their account.
- 3. Removal of a Deceased User’s Account
- i. If a verified family member or other verified representative wishes to remove a deceased user’s account, we will work with them to do so given that all credentials are verified.
- B. Users may also look to file a report (click Report) to act on behalf of another user’s content and/or account. If a user feels as if they are in immediate danger or can be potentially at harm in the future, it is recommended to contact legal authorities in addition to informing Goodself. We may feel the need to contact authorities after the review of the situation, dependent on the severity of the situation.
- A. If there is a slight conflict or dispute between another user in the community, many times this can be resolved by directly reaching out to the user. If you believe someone is stealing your content, it may be best to ask them to take it down before initiating any action with Goodself. However, if they do not cooperate or the situation becomes worse, you can file a complaint with Goodself, and we will initiate a review of the case.
- B. Once our team reviews the case and the facts presented to us, we will decide and inform the user against whom the report was filed. The affected user can dispute the case and submit an appeal if they believe that they have committed no violation after our decision, which will be promptly reviewed. Subsequently, we will finalize our action and all affected parties (the complainer and the user against whom the complaint is filed) will be informed.
18.5 Appeal Process
All Participants have seven (7) calendar days to appeal Goodself's decision. The participant must present supporting evidence and rationale for their appeal. Goodself will provide its decision within five (5) business days, and the decision will be final. Goodself may ask other parties to present their evidence before making the final decision.
19.0 Contact Us
- A. If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns concerning the Services, please email or write to our Support Team at [email protected], with the topic "Attn: Goodself Terms and Conditions of Use" in the subject line. Please include your full name, email address, and any details you’d like to include in any email or postal communication. Thank you for taking the time to read and understand these Guideline
- A. Thank you for taking the time to read and understand these Guidelines. We want Goodself to keep growing into a vital community for health, wellness, and lifestyle and we are looking forward to having you take part in creating a welcoming space.