Our mission at Goodself is to make Health, Wellness, and Lifestyle resources accessible to anyone who might need them. We want to connect individuals with Experts that can provide relevant and helpful information, and to others with similar experiences that can help others. Our Community Guidelines are a set of rules to ensure that Goodself stays true to its mission; keep the community safe, welcoming, and as free of misinformation as possible.
1.2 These Community Guidelines will help you understand:
- What makes Goodself safe for everyone.
- The rules all Goodself members must follow.
- Roles and responsibilities of the different participants on the Platform.
- How you can report rule-breaking; and
- How we will enforce the rules.
2.1 Platform Participants
A Goodself Participant is either a User or an Expert. Collectively, they will be referred to as Participants.
Users are individuals on Goodself who come to get health, wellness, and lifestyle information from Experts and connect with a community of other Users who may want the same information or face similar challenges.
Experts are people well-versed in their field(s) and want to contribute to their area(s) of expertise by providing useful information in the form of photos, videos, thought-pieces, and live-audio chats. They must meet the threshold established for experts by Goodself, which includes their degree(s) and/or certification(s) in their area(s) of expertise and/or experience, as well as their positive social presence.
Applicants are designated as Experts once they meet the threshold criteria as part of our review of their credentials. You can read more about this review process in section 6.3.
Any and all services (including but not limited to Content) supplied by, in, and/or via the Platform are solely for informative purposes. Our business is not a medical practice, and we do not provide medical services or advice. The content provided by Participants is purely for the purposes of information only; not a substitute for medical professionals’ medical advice, include treatment, diagnosis, medication, etc. A doctor-patient relationship is not created by your use of the services.
- We make no guarantees about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any Content made available through the Services, and we make no promise to update such Content.
- Furthermore, USER-Generated Content (content generated by all platform participants), such as advice, statements, or other information, in any form on the platform (e.g. pictures, videos, direct messages, audio chats, any post, etc.), is not created by our Company and should not be relied upon without independent verification. User-Generated Content, whether publicly posted or privately sent, is solely the responsibility of the Participant from whom it originated. All information is supplied "as is," with no assurances, warranties, or guarantees as to its accuracy or reliability.
- Also, you are under no obligation to use any Third-Party Applications, and any access and use of such applications is solely at your own risk, with no liability on our part. We are not responsible for the accuracy, availability, or reliability of any Third-Party Applications' information, content, goods, data, views, advice, or copyright claims. As a result, we are not responsible for any harm or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any Third-Party Applications.The Goodself platform is a place where valuable information relating to Health, Wellness and Lifestyle is made available by Experts. It is, however, not a substitute for one-on-one medical advice by medical professionals/experts; medical experts should be consulted when such a need arises.
- The Goodself platform is not responsible for any information provided by the Experts, nor is it responsible for any information shared by other Users through their posts and/or talks. However, if participants on the platform (Users and Experts) inform Goodself of any objectionable and/or offensive and/or incorrect information provided by one or more participants on the platform, Goodself will review the identified material and will take appropriate corrective action after investigation, including removal of the material, when appropriate. Goodself may consult and/or take advice of selected Participants and/or refer the matter to committee(s) of experts to review and opine.
3.1 Basic Responsibility of Content
Participants agree to the following terms when using the app and the Goodself platform.
- You agree that you are responsible for your interactions with other members of Goodself (including, but not limited to, Experts, Users, brands, charities, and associations), and that Goodself has no liability with respect to these interactions.
- We (Goodself) reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify these Community Guidelines at any time. These changes will be marked by the date at the top of this page which indicates when they were last updated.
- We reserve the right to make any final judgement on violation(s) of these guidelines.
- We reserve the right to modify, pause, or terminate the Goodself service for any reason, without notice, if necessary.
- We reserve the right to refuse the use of the service to any person at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove text, files, images, photos, videos, sounds, applications, product listings (collectively, “Content”) and User or Expert accounts that we determine are objectionable and/or violate the Terms of Service, in our sole discretion.
- All copyright-related responsibility and/or obtaining copyright permissions is the sole responsibility of the Participant.
- We may reclaim (take control of the account) handles on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold trademarks on those handles. Any username that becomes inactive, breaches a trademark, goes against our Terms of Services and/or may mislead other users may be reclaimed by Goodself.
- To use this site, you must be at least 18 years old.
- Any behavior that occurs under your screen name is your responsibility.
- It is your responsibility to keep your password safe.
- Your Goodself account will be terminated if you violate any of these Terms.
3.2 Restrictions & Guidelines
- Other Goodself users must not be abused, harassed, threatened, impersonated, or intimidated.
- The Goodself service may not be used for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- International users agree to abide by any local laws governing online behavior and content in addition to abiding by Canadian laws.
- You may not alter, adapt, or hack the Company’s website or app, for any reason, or another website in order to fraudulently suggest that it is affiliated with Goodself.
- You must not break any laws in your jurisdiction by using this product (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You are solely responsible for your actions and any data, text, information, screen names, pictures, photographs, profiles, audio and video clips, and links (collectively known as "Content") that you submit, post, or display on the Goodself service.
- Any content from Goodself, including but not limited to user profiles and photos, shall not be crawled, scraped, or otherwise cached.
- You must not send any Goodself members any unsolicited mails or comments ("Spam").
- Without Goodself’s prior written consent, you may not use Goodself’s name in your name.
- You must not send any worms, viruses, or any other disruptive programming.
While the Company bans the above activity and content on its site, you acknowledge and agree that the Company cannot be held liable for the Content posted on its site, that you may be exposed to such materials despite the Company's prohibitions, and that you use the Goodself service at your own risk for such content.
4.1 Bullying, Harassment, and Abuse
- You may not engage or participate in any way, in the abuse, bullying or harassment of anyone. Bullying includes, but is not limited to, humiliating, abusing, undermining, or hurting others with intent. Harassment is offensive behavior which includes, but is not limited to, threats, demeaning others, and intimidating others. Harassing someone would entail doing things such as making hateful comments, insults, slurs and so on.
- You may not engage or participate in any way, in discrimination against anyone. Discrimination is treating someone or a group of people unfairly and unequally due to, but not limited to, one’s race, color, religion, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, and disability.
4.3 Hate Speech
- You may not engage or participate in any way that constitutes as hateful conduct which includes, but is not limited to, instigating, or spreading violence, harm, or attacks at an individual or specific people or groups of people.
4.4 Nudity and Sexual Activity
- You may not engage or participate, in any way, in the sharing, distribution, or creation of content involving nudity or sexual activity, even if the intention or nature of use is unclear. We understand that the use of nudity and sexual activity can be used in an educational way which is why we allow it to be used, provided the intention to use it in these types of ways are clear.
- You may not engage or participate or promote, in any way, any form of terrorism or violent extremism.
4.6 Disruptive Activity
- You may not engage or participate, in any way, in intentional disruptive activities which includes, but is not limited to, making unrelated comments or remarks, loud noises, and hateful statements when in chat rooms.
4.7 Unauthorized and Illegal Activities
- You may not use this platform in any way to conduct or engage in any type or form of illegal activities or unauthorized activities. These activities include, but are not limited to, the buying or selling of illegal products, buying, or selling followers, reach or engagement.
4.8 Self-harm and Suicide
- Goodself does not have a specific category for suicide and self-injury; however, we realize that given the nature of our platform, it may be a topic of discussion. Suicide and self-injury must not be promoted through our platform.
- Self-injury is referred to as intentional injuring of oneself, which is included but not limited to mutilation and eating disorders. Any promotion of these activities or graphic media depicting this behavior will be taken down after review.
- Users on our platform must respect the experiences that others are going through and must not target victims or survivors of suicide and self-injury. Any comic mention and specific content made to have any adverse effects on these individuals will face reprimand.
- You may not engage or participate, in any way, in the solicitation of minors. Moreover, you also may not show or get content from a minor that is, but not limited to, graphic, mature, and inappropriate.
4.10 Follow the Law
- Remember to always follow the laws of Ontario, Canada and the country of your residence when using our platform. This includes, but is not limited to buying, or selling goods, interaction with others and content that is shared.
4.11 Content for a Diverse Audience
- Posting content that is appropriate for a diverse audience is an expectation we set on all users of this platform. Therefore, content that displays discrimination, violence or other objectionable material will not be allowed. For similar reasons, we may remove content involving nudity. We understand and will accept content that involves nudity depending on the nature of how it is used and the intention of the content creator. However, if we deem the nature and intent by which nudity is presented within a certain piece of content as sub-optimal, we shall remove it.
- You may not engage or participate in any way that involves glorifying violence or harm, or even the threat of violence or harm or engage in / promote violence.
4.13 World Events
- We recognize that this platform can be a place to share big events and we recognize the importance of this. However, due to the specific focus of this platform, specifically, health, wellness, and lifestyle information, we may remove content that does not entirely fit these subject areas.
Integrity and Authenticity
5.1 Inauthentic Behavior
- Goodself believes in bringing together a community of social media influencers and health experts to promote and help people with their health journey. The credibility and following of users must remain authentic to provide a transparent and realistic view of each user’s profile.
- Fake engagement is a method used to increase the popularity of a user’s account through artificial methods of interaction and engagement. The manipulation of Goodself’s platform to do so is strongly prohibited.
- Our users must not:
- Buy or sell artificial engagement metrics (views, likes, comments, purchases)
- Engage in the promotion of buying or selling engagement metrics used for fake engagement
- Create and use several accounts with the means to increase or promote fake engagement
- We work hard to verify and ensure each account on our platform is authentic and a reflection of one’s identity. Account that is created which takes on another person’s identity and is used to distort another person’s image is not allowed.
- We will review cases of impersonation and follow up with supplemental action to one’s account if the case is confirmed. Users can be asked to edit their account, or a suspension or termination may arise dependent on the severity of impersonation of the account.
- We are sharing information that is being used by people to better support them along their mission to improve their own health and well-being. Misinformation is the intentional or unintentional sharing of content which is inaccurate that has the potential to harm our community and the individuals inside and outside of our platform.
- You must not:
- Share misinformation, especially about panic-inducing emergencies
- Content heavily supported by conspiracies or any other false claims
- Misinformation about medical topics which has adverse consequences on one’s health
- Promotion of hate, discrimination, and prejudice through misinformation
- Work with others or several of your own accounts to mislead and influence people through misinformation
5.4 Intellectual Property
- Copyrights are used to protect the authorship and originality of media or an idea but does not protect the premise of the underlying idea behind it. Trademarks refer to a specific creation (logo, symbol) that cannot be recreated or it will be an intellectual property right violation.
- Users must remain authentic in the content they share by creating and using their own, original content. Copyrighted and trademarked content that infringes on one’s intellectual property rights which users may post will be taken down by Goodself upon review. However, not all copyrighted and trademarked work may violate Goodself’s rules
- The following may not be a violation after review:
- Some copyrighted content may be used under fair use or other laws
- Commenting, analyzing, or critiquing a trademarked product or service
- Creating a fan account of a trademarked product or service
- Reviewing a product or service
5.5 Manipulated/Synthetic Media
- Sharing content which is manipulated to have a certain effect, is not allowed on our platform. Images, audio, and video (I.e., editing an original video to mislead others) can be changed through various means. We will review such content when made aware of, and these forms of media may be removed after review.
- The privacy and safety of our users and their accounts is of the utmost priority of Goodself, and we work hard to secure profiles, personal information, and accounts. Trying to collect users’ information through manipulative and intrusive methods on Goodself’s platform or through external links will not be tolerated and can result in serious consequences.
6.1 Human Exploitation
- Any content geared toward exploiting individuals and forcing them to engage in unwanted activities such as sex and labor will be removed, and the users will be investigated. Posts that are manipulative in nature and focus on taking away freedom for someone’s benefit classify as human exploitation. Child sexual exploitation will be taken very seriously and result in serious consequences.
6.2 Sensitive Media
- Any sensitive media containing graphic and adult content must not be posted during live chats, or directly on profile images. Content must be appropriate, as per section 7.0 (objectionable content). Sensitive media can only be shared with the intention of facilitating education of health and lifestyle awareness.
6.3 Expert Credential Review Process
- Our expert credential review process is as follows:
- We have established minimum Thresholds of qualifications each professional must meet, based on a minimum certification and/or degree to be seen as an expert in that category.
- With feedback and consensus from experts in each respective category, the minimum threshold may be altered as needed.
- Based on the established Thresholds, we review each professional’s credentials and web presence to ensure that he/she has met the minimum credentials/criteria to speak with expertise in his/her chosen category.
6.4 Moderation on Goodself
- Goodself will be allowing experts that are hosting live chats to moderate their rooms. A moderator will be able to choose who is able to speak, who can be removed as a speaker, and who has the ability to remove people from the live chat. The moderator permissions are outlined below:
- Any participant in the live chat room can be removed at the moderator’s discretion.
- Once a user is removed, they will not be able to join that live chat room again.
- Live chat moderators can decide who speaks by choosing the name from a cue.
- Speakers can be muted and sent back to the audience at any time.
6.5 Interaction Between Accounts
- There may be users whose content you do not want to see but is acting within Goodself’s principles. If a user is still following the community guidelines but you do not want to interact or see their content anymore, you can unfollow or block that user.
- However, if there is a user who is causing direct harm to you or the community, you have the option to report them to Goodself. You will also be given you the option to unfollow and/or block them, and we will review the account, the case you provided against them, and take appropriate action.
Endorsement and Advertisement
- If you use Goodself to communicate or administer a promotion (example: a contest or sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
- The official rules.
- Offer terms and eligibility requirements (example: age and residency restrictions); and
- Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered (example: registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals)
- Promotions on Goodself must include the following:
- A complete release of each entrant or participant.
- Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Goodself.
- Goodself will not assist you in the administration of your promotion and cannot advise you on whether consent is required for use of user content or on how to obtain any necessary consent.
- You agree that if you use our service to administer your promotion, you do so at your own risk.
7.2 Third-Party Advertising
You may not post, create, or share any content on, or through, our platform that includes third-party advertising, however you must clearly identify it as such.
We recommend that all third-party advertising be labelled as “#ambassador”, “#Ad” or “#Sponsoredad”, or similar wording, in the caption of all content (photo, video and text posts). All advertisements or affiliations should be clearly outlined in the caption/description of live-chats and prefaced before the conversation.
Goodself does not share personal information or data with advertisers, such as, but not limited to, your name, contact information and other personal data, unless explicit permission is given. Goodself provides advertisers with information about who is seeing their ads and how they are performing, without disclosing personal information. For instance, we may provide advertisers information on the type of people interacting with their ads, how old they are, what their gender is and so on.
Goodself also exchanges information with advertisers to help create advertising that is more personalized and relevant to you.
Advertisers and all participants whom advertise are required to abide by all rules and guidelines that apply to Participants. The following are additional requirements advertisers must also abide by:
- Approved/Legal Products or Services
- Advertisements must not promote illegal or unapproved products or services.
- Tobacco and Similar Products
- Advertisements cannot promote tobacco products and its counterparts.
- Drugs and Similar Products
- Advertisements cannot promote illegal drugs, prescription drugs and drugs intended for recreational use.
- Vaccine Hesitancy
- Advertisements cannot attempt to sprout hesitancy and fear against vaccines.
- Speculative/Unsafe Supplements
- Advertisements cannot promote or advertise supplements which are not approved and/or are purely speculative or unsafe.
- Third-Party Rights
- Advertisements must be authentic and cannot violate any intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Advertisements cannot exploit loopholes in the methods we use to review and determine if an advertisement is safe and appropriate for our platform.
- Sensational Content
- Advertisements cannot have violent, explicit, and sensational content.
- False Information
- Advertisements cannot contain misinformation which has been proven wrong by a third party or by Goodself’s team.
- Controversial Information
- Advertisements that have controversial social issues used for individual and business gain may not be allowed.
- Landing Pages
- Advertisements may direct users to another landing page, but they must be able to navigate freely away from the page they are directed to go to.
- Manipulative Content
- Advertisements cannot have any software that attempts to hack or steal the information of others.
- Advertisements cannot redirect to any pages which contain viruses or a manipulative and unanticipated experience.
- Cheating and Suspicious Activities
- Advertisements cannot promote or share any products or services that motivate a user to cheat or take part in suspicious activities.
- Grammar and Language
- The language used in Advertisement must be appropriate and professional (no profanity).
- Misleading Results
- Advertisements cannot have images or media that portray results that are misleading, unlikely, and exaggerated (I.e., “Before and After” images). To convince the audience to use their product or service, advertisers cannot make the audience feel guilty and negative about themselves.
- Illegal/Unconventional Practices
- Advertisements cannot coerce individuals to participate in illegal and unconventional practices such as schemes and scams.
- Human Harvesting
- Advertisements cannot sell or encourage an audience to buy parts, organic material, and fluids of humans.
- If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns concerning the Services, please email or write to our Support Team at [email protected], with the topic "Attn: Goodself Terms and Conditions of Use" in the subject line. Please include your full name, email address, and any details you’d like to include in any email or postal communication.
- Thank you for taking the time to read and understand these Guidelines. We want Goodself to keep growing into a vital community for health, wellness, and lifestyle and we are looking forward to having you take part in creating a welcoming space
Goodself warrants that it has the power and the authority to execute and deliver this agreement and to fully perform its obligations.